Who doesn’t want to be tall? It’s a matter of beauty and appearance. Sometimes, it’s not a matter of appearance, it becomes a criterion for some jobs. So, your height matters a lot. And this is why some people are so much worried about their height. And for the same reason, there is a huge number of medicines available in the market which claims that it can make you taller.
Well, that’s not our matter of concern. We know why you are here; you are curious about Who is the tallest person in the world? And the good news is you have got the perfect page to find your answer. We are going to tell you about the Who is the tallest person in the world? And not only that, but we will also tell you what caused such abnormality, we will also give you the list of the tall people alive on our planet. So, without further delay, let’s get started.
The history of the tall persons in the world:
- They say that Patrick Cotter Obrien is the man who was the tallest guy back in 1806, his height was 2.46m or 8 ft. 1 inch. He lived from 1760 to 1806. But there is no official confirmation by the Guinness World Records yet.
- It was 1863, it was said that the tallest female teenager ever was Anna Haining Swan from Canada. She lived from 1846 to 1888. His height was recorded 7 ft. 11 inch.
- Back in 1922, Jane Ginny Bunford became the tallest woman ever. She was from Canada. Her height recorded was, 7 ft. 4 inch.
- The tallest male teenager ever was Robert Wadlow. At the age of 17, he has recorded 2.45m or 8 ft. 0.5 inches. It was 1935 when he got this title.
- In 1940 Robert Wadlow became the tallest man ever. His height was 2.72 m or 8 ft. 11.1 inches. He had this height at the age of 22 and his weight was 199 kg.
- In 1970, Don Koehler became the tallest man – living. He had a height of 2.48 m or 8 ft. 2 inches at the age of 44. He died in 1981. During his last days, he had a standing height of 2.38 m, due to spinal curvature.
- In 1975 Sandy Allen became the tallest woman living. Her height was 2.31 m or 7 ft. 75 inch. She was from the US.
- Zeng Jinlian from Yujiang village, Hunan Province of China, became the tallest woman ever in 1982. Her height was 2.46m or 8 ft. 1 inch in 1982.
- Yao Defen was the tallest woman living in 2010. She was from china and her height was 2.33 m or 7 ft. 7 inches. She died in 2012.
- Moroccan Brahim Takioullah became the tallest person living in 2011. His height was 2.46m or 8 ft. 1 inch. He is still the tallest man of Morocco.
- In 2011, Sultan Kösen had a height of 2.5 m or 8 ft. 2.8 inches. He is from Turkey. Besides this record, he has also the title of the largest hand. It’s about 28.5 cm from this wrist to fingertip.
Besides them, their other list of tall persons.
- Fabrice Calmels is the tallest ballet dancer. He has a height of 1.99m. the height was measured in 2014.
- In 2015, Kevin Bradford became the tallest male teenager living. He has a height of 2.15 m. He is from the US and current his age is 21.
- Ekaterina Lisina is the tallest professional model. She is from Russia. She has a height of 2.05 m. She also has the title of the longest legs(female).
Who is the tallest person in the world exactly?
So here’s the answer you were looking for, who is the tallest person in the world? Robert Wadlow is said to be the tallest person in the world. and Sultan Kösen is the tallest living person in the world.
The reason for growing tall:
The growing of a person depends on the secretion of the growth hormone. The people who are abnormally tall had abnormal secretion of the hormone. Growth hormone is made in the pituitary gland. Besides this hormone, Thyroid hormone and the sex hormones like Testosterone for men and estrogen in woman plays a vital role in the growth.
So, finally you have got the names you were searching for and you know now, who is the tallest person in the world? You have also come to know that, what can cause such abnormality.
We hope that you have liked our article and happy with it. Feel free to visit our site whenever you need such answers, we are always here to help you .and the best part is, from now you will be able to answer the question, who is the tallest person in the world?