Nobody wants to deal with a pimple, especially when you have one on your lips. It not only looks weird but can also hurt very much during talking or eating. If you want to know How to get rid of pimple on lip? Then read this article very carefully.
When it comes to a pimple on your lip, it can be easily mistaken for cold pain. But these are two different things. If you have cold pain, it will appear as a small and painful blister on or around your mouth area. On the other hand, there is a pimple on the lips when dead skin cells are attached to the hair follicles and become red wounds.
Like other types of pimples, hormonal changes (such as during pregnancy, menopause, and adolescence), the production of debris oil from the glands, or the formation of bacteria beneath the surface of the skin is one of the most common causes of a pimple on the lip.
In addition to these reasons, heredity can trigger a pimple on the lips using your diet, tension and poor quality lip care products, exposed to your diet, and pollution.
There are also some medicines which can cause this problem. This is especially true about medicines, which contain lithium and corticosteroids. Fluoride in toothpaste can also cause the presence of a pimple on your lips.
When there is a pimple in your lips, it can be embarrassing and uncomfortable, because you can not hide it with make-up. Here is the primary option that waits for a pimple to cure. However, you can use some home remedies to help get rid of a pimple on your lip.
How to get rid of pimple on lip?
1. Hot compression
A warm compression helps in reducing swelling and getting rid of a pimple on your lips by increasing blood flow on the affected site.
To remove it quickly, it will help in the accumulation of fluid and pulse inside the pimple, and the treatment process will start.
- Wearing out a washing cloth and extra water in hot water.
- Hold warm cloth on the affected area for a few minutes.
- Repeat 3 or 4 times a day until the pimple is completely cured.
Note: Always apply the temperature of compression on your palm before applying it to your lips.
2. Cold compression
Like a hot compression, a cold compression is also very effective.
Cooling temperature reduces inflammation and prevents the oil glands, which allows extra oils and bacteria to be extracted from swollen follicles.
It also helps in reducing the area and reducing pain.
- Make some ice cubes bundle in a clean towel.
- Slowly compression against pimple for 2 to 3 minutes at a time.
- Break for 5 minutes and repeat again.
- Use this treatment several times per day for maximum effect.
Caution: Never apply ice on your skin, because it can frostbite.
Steaming is a wonderful technique to deal with a pimple on your lips. Steam opens the infected pore and allows it to breathe. It helps in getting rid of stranded oils, dirt and bacteria in the pores, which can cause pimples.
This treatment is also good for your whole face because it will remove the impurities and shine your skin.
- Boil a pot of water and put it in a large bowl.
- Place your face on the bowl and put a thick towel over your head to trap the steam.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, remove the towel and dry your face.
- Repeat twice all day until the pimple is completely cured.
4. Moisture Tea Bag
Tea contains good amounts of tannins which help in reducing inflammation and swelling due to the pimple on the lip.
In addition, when applied on the pimple, a moist tea helps in opening the heat holes of the bag, potentially pulling bacteria or pull on the surface, thus increasing the treatment process.
- Dip a tea bag in hot water for a few minutes and remove it.
- Let it cool slightly.
- Squeeze extra water out.
- Place the hot water bag on the pimple and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then, rinse your lips with cold water and dry it with a soft towel.
- Repeat the procedure twice a day.
5. Aloe vera gel
Due to its antibacterial properties, aloe vera helps in the treatment of mouth on lips faster.
Its anti-inflammatory and healing properties help fight the redness, swelling, and swelling of the affected skin.
In a 2014 study published in the Journal of Dermatological Treatment, aloe vera was found to treat lightly medium acne vulgaris.
- Open a leave an aloe vera plant.
- Remove the gel and apply it on the pimple.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Soak it in water and clean it with a cotton ball.
- Repeat twice for several days.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help to rid of pimple on the lip. It helps to kill bacteria which causes pimples and prevents them.
A 2016 study published in the Phytotherapy Research has stated that turmeric and topical both turmeric/curcumin products and supplements, can provide medical benefits for skin health, including acne.
- Mix ½ teaspoons of turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon minced fresh mint leaves and 1 tablespoon josbala oil. Massage a small amount of this paste on the affected area. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes before washing the area with cool water. Do 2 or 3 times a day It can be kept in the refrigerator 2 days before leaving the unused mixture.
- Alternatively, mix equal quantity of turmeric and honey, then apply it directly to the pimples. Leave it for 30 minutes before washing it with cool water. Do it twice daily.
7. Lemon juice
Another quick way to get rid of pimple on the lip is using lemon juice. Vitamin C acts as an effective antioxidant in lemon, which will help the pimple to dry faster. Its fluctuating properties will also better for the skin.
You can use any of the following options according to your preference.
- Dip a clean cotton silt in fresh lemon juice and apply it on the pimple. Wait 10 minutes, then rinse it using water. Do it once or twice daily.
- Mix equal amount of lemon juice and honey. Apply it on the lips. Let it sit for 15 minutes before washing it with hot water. Do it twice daily.
- Prepare a solution with ½ teaspoons of lemon juice and rose water. Using a cotton ball, apply it to the affected skin. Wait 15 minutes, then rinse it with cold water. Use this remedy twice daily.
Note: Make sure to use fresh lemon juice, not bottled juice, which contains preservatives.
- To reduce the risk of any type of infection, avoid touching the affected lip as much as possible. By touching the lips, it also exposes oil and dirt on your hands.
- To prevent chemicals from hiding your holes and spoiling the problem, avoid using lip gloss, balm or too much makeup on the affected area.
- Always wash your mouth after food, snack or drink, and then dry it.
- Do not clean the area to get rid of pimple. It will only spoil it.
- If your lips are pimples hormonal, consult the endocrinologist for reaching the root cause of the problem.
- If you want to know how to get rid of pimple on lip, use aroma-free toothpaste.
- Use a facial wash that is suitable for your skin type. Clean the areas with the mouth slowly with clean laundry.
- Control your stress level, because the extra stress can delay the treatment process.
- Do not use anything beyond its expiration date.
- Last but not least, avoid oil items, drink lots of water, and eat healthy food to cure lips and prevent pimple on lips.